Notification of Awards:
- Organizations will be notified via email whether or not their LOI was accepted or declined within 30 days from the close of the LOI application cycle to which they applied.
- Applicants who have been selected to proceed to stage II of the application process will have 30 days to submit a complete a proposal. Please note that this deadline is strictly enforced.
- Organizations submitting a complete proposal should typically expect a final decision within eight to twelve weeks of receipt.
- Only those organizations that receive a confirmation that they can proceed to stage two may complete a proposal to the Brooklyn Community Foundation; if we receive LOIs or complete proposals through the mail, those will be returned.
- Typically, site visits and/or in-person meetings are integral to the Foundation’s review process. Our staff will be in touch to arrange these meetings.
Note that requests to our Micro Grant program for applications of $500 or less are accepted year around and require only the submission of a Letter of Inquiry. Micro Grant applicants should typically expect a final decision from Brooklyn Community Foundation within four weeks after your submission.