Creating an Endowed Fund at Brooklyn Community Foundation offers donors an efficient way to support Brooklyn causes they most care about in perpetuity and with minimal set up and administration.
Endowed Funds may be established with an initial contribution of $250,000 or greater. This Fund is permanently endowed and each year a percentage (in accordance with the Foundation’s spend rate, or 5% on average) of the Fund's market value is used for grants that you recommend.
Support One Organization: With a Designated Endowed Fund, you can support one or more organizations in perpetuity. Recipient organizations benefit from a permanent source of income with minimal reporting or administration on their part. This is an excellent option for donors who have a special attachment or interest in nonprofit organizations that lack an endowment or managed investment portfolio.
Support a Field You Are Passionate About: You may also direct grants from your Fund to a designated area of interest, allowing your Fund to become a permanent source of support for a cause you are most passionate about. Foundation staff will advise you on which organizations are conducting the most high impact work in the respective field.
AT A GLANCE
- Named fund
- Permanent support for one or more organization(s) or a field that you most care about
- Minimum initial contribution of $250,000
- 1% annual fee
- Option to pool Fund with the Foundation’s Community Fund, managed by Goldman Sachs
- Funds of $500,000+ may be managed by an outside investment advisor*
- Immediate tax deduction for the full amount of your contribution
- No annual grantmaking requirements
- Ability to pass your Fund from generation to generation
- Quick and easy set-up
*0.5% additional fee applies
Get Started Today
Establishing a Fund is easy and can be set up in less than a week. Contact Sarah Shannon, Director of Philanthropy & Donor Services, at 718.480.7504 or email@example.com to discuss Fund options and obtain a copy of our Fund Agreement and Terms and Conditions.
Make an initial contribution via stock transfer, check, or credit card.