Establishing a Fund at Brooklyn Community Foundation
By opening a Donor Advised Fund at the Foundation, you can continue to support the charities you care about while ushering in a new era of Brooklyn-based philanthropy and strengthening local communities.
Benefits of a Donor Advised Fund
Simplify your giving
Receive an immediate tax deduction
Give at your own pace
Grow your Fund tax-free
Enjoy hassle-free administration
- Recommend grants to any registered domestic nonprofit organization
Your Fund Enables You to:
- Support Organizations You Care About: Your Fund is the most efficient way to support all of the organizations you care about through one simple channel.
- Establish a Family Legacy: Your Fund allows you to build a powerful legacy that can be shared with your spouse or partner and passed down to your children and grandchildren.
- Diversify Your Giving: Our staff of experts can send you customized research on Brooklyn nonprofits that fits your interests.
- Co-Invest with Others: Use your Fund to align your giving with the Foundation’s Community Fund and other like-minded donors.
- Classic Donor Advised Funds
($25,000 Minimum Initial Gift)
- Endowed Funds
($250,000 Minimum Initial Gift)
- Tribute & Memorial Funds
- Giving Circles
Our Service to You:
- Customized support
- Unparalleled knowledge of Brooklyn
- Due diligence and guidance on local nonprofits
- A range of Fund investment options
- Assistance with estate planning and bequests
Get Started Today:
Establishing a Fund is easy and can be set up in less than a week. Contact Donor Services to learn more:
Sarah Shannon, Director of Philanthropy & Donor Services
Julia Metro, Manager of Donor Services