An Option for Everyone
Brooklyn Community Foundation offers donors a variety of ways to support the community you love. Choose the option that aligns with your goals today, and help ensure a stronger Brooklyn for tomorrow.
The Community Fund
Support the Foundation’s mission to spark social change across Brooklyn through grantmaking and special initiatives. Invest in the Community Fund or give directly to one of our strategies:
- INVEST IN YOUTH FUND supports the Foundation’s primary grantmaking and community initiative focused on strengthening Brooklyn’s next generation. This Fund is defined by three areas: Youth Development & Leadership, Youth Justice, and Immigrant Youth & Families. Learn more.
- NEIGHBORHOOD STRENGTH FUND supports community-led grantmaking that puts local stakeholders at the center of decision making about how to fund change in their own neighborhoods. Learn more.
- BROOKLYN ACCELERATOR is a hub for strengthening and supporting Brooklyn’s vibrant nonprofit sector through an Incubator for emerging nonprofits and the Spark Prize for top Brooklyn organizations. Learn more.
- RACIAL EQUITY FUND supports the Foundation’s ongoing grantmaking, advocacy and initiatives designed to increase the ability of people of color to determine and sustain a more equitable future for themselves and their communities. Learn more.
- IMMIGRANT RIGHTS FUND was established in 2016 as a response to mounting uncertainty and fear within Brooklyn’s immigrant communities. The fund will support both the immediate and long-term needs of immigrants in our borough and across New York City, while strengthening collaboration among immigrant-serving nonprofits. Learn more.
Establish a Fund
Opening a Donor Advised Fund with the Foundation is the most efficient way to support the organizations you care about (in Brooklyn and beyond) through one simple channel. Our Donor Advised Fund program is informed by years of philanthropic leadership and local grantmaking experience, making it the natural choice for donors who want to strengthen Brooklyn’s communities today and for the future.
Create a Legacy
We offer many options for families to establish a permanent philanthropic legacy in Brooklyn through bequests, endowment funds, and other estate planning vehicles.
We support the philanthropic leadership of donors in Brooklyn seeking to build strategic partnerships around their giving.
- Giving Circles enable like-minded donors to pool their resources to address a specific issue or program area they care about. Join an existing giving circle or start your own to see how the power of collective giving can amplify your impact in Brooklyn. Learn more about Giving Circles at Brooklyn Community Foundation.
- ALLINBKLYN is a women’s philanthropic initiative dedicated to promoting a tradition of giving in Brooklyn. Members pool their funds and make grants to organizations in service to the people and places of Brooklyn. Learn more about ALLINBKLYN.
Brooklyn Community Foundation accepts donations of cash, stock, real estate, artwork, and bequests. All non-cash donations are subject to approval by the Foundation and all donations are 100% tax-deductible.