The Immigrant Rights Fund will support both the immediate and long-term needs of immigrants in our borough and across New York City, while strengthening collaboration among immigrant-serving nonprofits. The Sustained Response grants offer targeted investment in organizations that are lifelines to immigrant communities as their work becomes even more critical in the coming months and years.
Grants will be offered on a rolling basis to immigrant-serving organizations to support community organizing, political education and coalition building, advocacy, mental health services, community safety, and legal services. These grants, awarded quarterly, will range from $10,000 to $25,000.
The Foundation will accept Request for Inquiry (RFI) from both Brooklyn-serving immigrant-rights organizations and ally organizations.
To be eligible to apply, an organization or a group must:
- Be incorporated as a nonprofit organization or be working under the auspices of an authorized fiscal agent;
- Serve or benefit Brooklyn immigrant communities;
- Have a stable and committed board of directors or group of advisors.
SELECTION CRITERIA AND PRIORITY AREAS
The Foundation will review and evaluate requests using the following criteria:
- A demonstrated track record working on immigrant rights issues;
- A commitment to building the capacity of immigrant leaders to advocate and organize for change in their communities;
- Use of a racial justice lens − ensuring that the organization considers race in analyzing programs, looking for solutions and defining success.
Priority consideration will be given to organizations that are led by directly affected immigrant communities and people of color.
REQUEST FOR INQUIRY
Please send a request for a conversation by submitting a short paragraph that includes background of your organization and your current work (include details such as organizational budget and staff size, funding request, focus of your immigrant rights work and the desired impact) to Prachi Patankar, Senior Program Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include 3-4 dates and times that work for you to have a phone conversation (weekdays between 10am-4pm).
*Please include “Sustained Response Fund” in the subject line of your email.