Brooklyn Community Foundation is seeking a part-time intern for our Communications team, 16 hours a week for winter 2020. The position offers compensation at $15 per hour.
The ideal applicant will possess strong writing and content development skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to web and print writing projects, posting to and monitoring the Foundation’s blog and social media channel, promoting event ticket sales, and updating our website. Those looking to gain valuable print and web media experience with a mission-driven organization are encouraged to apply. This position reports to the Foundation’s VP of Communications and Strategy.
- Work with the Foundation’s Communications and Development teams on content strategy
- Interview subjects and draft copy for annual report
- Create and schedule engaging blog and social media content
- Develop weekly content calendars
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide support at events
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in social media, journalism, or marketing
- Experience with social media analytics
- Fluency with Photoshop, HTML, Drupal and/or WordPress
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Liane Stegmaier, VP of Communications and Strategy at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17, 2020.