Brooklyn Community Foundation’s Memorial & Tribute Fund options are an ideal way to honor the memory of a loved one or commemorate a life milestone, such as a wedding, bar mitzvah, or the birth of a child.
There is no minimum to open a Memorial or Tribute Fund. With Memorial and Tribute Funds, you have one year to increase your Fund balance to at least $5,000 or grant the funds to a charity or charities of your choice. The Foundation can also set up an online donation page on our website in order to collect contributions from friends and family.
AT A GLANCE
- Named fund
- No initial contribution required to open
- Make an initial contribution via stock transfer, check, or credit card
- Multiple investment options
- Annual fee of 1% or a minimum of $250, whichever is highest
- A Fund donate page hosted on our website
- Immediate tax deduction for the full amount of any contributions
- No minimum annual grant making requirement
- One year to increase your balance to at least $5,000 or grant out all funds
- Quick and easy set-up
* For fund balances under $5,000. Funds of $5,000+ are assessed a 1% annual fee
per the Terms and Conditions of our Classic Donor Advised Fund