The Foundation partners with attorneys, financial planners, real estate professionals, and philanthropic advisors who are dedicated to carrying out their clients’ charitable goals while helping to build assets in Brooklyn.
The Foundation is a natural choice for the charitably-minded individual with strong ties to Brooklyn. Our Donor Advised Fund Program is informed by a long track record of philanthropic leadership and excellence. Members of the Professional Advisors Network play a significant role in helping the Foundation maintain this distinctive tradition.
Advantages of Opening a Fund with Brooklyn Community Foundation:
- Flexibility: A client can make one contribution to satisfy a variety of personal charitable interests. The Foundation accepts gifts in all forms, including stock, the proceeds of which can be granted out to multiple organizations.
- Tax Benefits: The assets that a client contributes to the Foundation qualify for maximum tax deductibility.
- Asset Management: Funds of $250,000+ may be pooled with the Foundation’s Community Fund. Funds of $500,000+ may be managed by an outside investment advisor, if desired.
- Convenience: A Fund can be opened in one day. Once a Fund is opened, the Foundation handles all reporting and audit requirements for your client.
- Customer Service: Foundation staff will provide your client with customized support based on his or her particular financial circumstances and charitable interests and goals.
- A Commitment to Brooklyn: Brooklyn Community Foundation is the first and only public foundation 100% dedicated to Brooklyn’s charitable community. Having partnered with donors to support more than 300 nonprofits throughout the borough for almost twenty years, the Foundation has an unparalleled knowledge of Brooklyn’s nonprofit and charitable landscape.
- Governance and Oversight: The Foundation is overseen by an independent board of directors, who have the best interests of the community in mind. Assets are directed by an Investment Committee of seasoned investment professionals and are managed by Goldman Sachs.