Under the leadership of our President and CEO Dr. Jocelynne Rainey and building on our commitment to community engagement, we have launched an annual Listening Tour series to visit neighborhoods across Brooklyn and meet with residents and leaders to learn about challenges facing the community and foster collaboration. These conversations help us maintain a dynamic understanding of all of Brooklyn’s communities and the challenges they face, and inform our strategic grantmaking, philanthropic advising for Donor Advised Funds, and capacity building investments.
2023 Listening Tour
This year, we’re making stops in 10 new neighborhoods, to identify issues and build connections and collaborations at the grassroots level:
- Carroll Gardens / Gowanus - March 31, 2023
- Fort Greene / Clinton Hill - April 21, 2023
- East Flatbush / Wingate - April 28, 2023
- Greenpoint / North Williamsburg - May 12, 2023
- City Line / Cypress Hills - May 19, 2023
- Red Hook - June 2, 2023
- Midwood / Borough Park - June 9, 2023
- Prospect Lefferts Gardens/Crown Heights South - July 14, 2023
- Kensington - July 28, 2023
- Bensonhurst - August 11, 2023
If your neighborhood is on this year’s list and you want to be part of the conversation, email us! And if we didn’t visit your neighborhood last year, and it isn’t a stop on this year’s tour, we’ll likely be visiting you next year.
2022 Listening Tour
In our first year, we held meetings from Bay Ridge and Bushwick to Coney Island and Canarsie, and met with nearly 200 passionate Brooklynites.
- Bay Ridge
- Coney Island
- Crown Heights
- East New York / Cypress Hills
- Flatbush / East Flatbush
- Sunset Park
Learn about our findings here or watch the presentation below: