The Tenant Protection Fund supports the advocacy and organizing efforts of organizations dedicated to providing eviction prevention and anti-displacement support to low and moderate income residents in Community Boards 2, 3, 6 and 8 in Brooklyn. Grant awards will range from $30,000 to $50,000.
Tenant Protection Fund Grantees
Alliance for Tenant Power
Real Rent Reform
Bridge Street Development Corporation
Fifth Avenue Committee
New York Communities Organizing Fund
Pratt Area Community Council
Tenants & Neighbors
Urban Homesteading Assistance Board
- Only 501(c) (3) tax exempt organization will be considered for funding.
- Organizations must have a demonstrated track record of advocacy and organizing programs around eviction prevention and anti-displacement to low and moderate income residents residing in the jurisdiction of Community Boards 2, 3, 6 and 8 in Brooklyn.
- Organizations must also have a history of engaging and partnering with local residents and community members.
- Organizations must be neighborhood based and community driven, preferably with a physical infrastructure present in the community that they serve.
- We encourage small-mid size organizations to apply; organizations ranging from $250,000 to $2 million.
- We give priority to organizations led by directly affected communities and people of color.
All complete applications must have been submitted by Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 5pm. Grant awards will be announced in May 2015.